Wednesday

SOME SMALL JOYS


One seems so focused on what he wants from the future that he forgets to be thankful to the past for allowing him the life he has had. True, there always seem to be people for whom nothing is ever good enough. But there is little we can do about them.

There have been several little joys that stick to my memory to this day and will very probably go to my funeral with me. Regardless of any changes later in my life, these little shifts in my growth will never get overshadowed.


On a look out for an important document I ended up with stuff more momentous...

my slam books,loads of paper cutouts,photographs...which roped me to implant vignettes into my memory. During the process I realised how great a cricket devotee I used to be,prompted me of those few chums ive gotten disconnected with,raked up those kerfuffles which happened during the lunch breaks in the school,those quibbles over celeb paper cutouts,those flyspeck raslings during the game(I remember one in which I actually knocked this dame's tooth out)....these incidents so bantam yet so powerful,pedagogic and entrenched that its hopelessly impossible that they get erased from your mind.

There are more things that I ought to be thankful for. They may not mark turnabouts in my education or my personal life, but they affect the whole of my worldview in small but significant ways. We all need them for perspective and should remain ever thankful for them.

5 comments:

Anusha said...

All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful:
The Lord God made them all.

every tiny speck that exists has a purpose....anything,no matter how insignificant,leaves a mark!

since ive been with you through those school days,i know how important these little things are....and the many moments that we spend raking old memories....i remember being involved with you in one of those newspaper cut out squabbles....as petty and childish they seem,its these little things that you can recollect on a rainly afternoon while cleaning cupboards that fills up void spaces and forms the rest of our lives-besides our normal routines(might i add here,that ur mum must be delighted at such a historic attempt to order up things in your room!!!!)

ah,well...ur part of my memories...so no wonder ive written so much,majority of which will pleasantly be dissmissed as gibberish by most people....but it doesnt matter....what matters is that i hope it doesnt discourage them from publishing posts beneath mine!!!!

rubs said...

@anush
ah..!!i get it...but this historic attempt to scavenge my ever-grubby room has got respite to my mom n bliss to me...

Iceman said...

SOME THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW IF YOU WANNA READ THIS BLOG AND IF YOUR VOCABULARY IS AS BAD AS MINE!


Vignettes:


1. A decorative design placed at the beginning or end of a book or chapter of a book or along the border of a page.
2. An unbordered picture, often a portrait, that shades off into the surrounding color at the edges.
3.
1. A short, usually descriptive literary sketch.
2. A short scene or incident, as from a movie.



Kerfuffles:

(I found no kerfuffles but kerfuffle turned up as...)


disorder, commotion


Quibbles:

1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.


Bantam:

1. (often initial capital letter) a chicken of any of several varieties or breeds characterized by very small size.
2. a small and feisty or quarrelsome person.


Pedagogical:

of or pertaining to a pedagogue or pedagogy.


Pedagogy:

the function or work of a teacher; teaching.

Iceman said...

Memories are of great value to me...I understand what you mean here...what happens today will turn priceless tomorrow but only in our hearts.

I will do anything to relive some of the moments from my school days...well my PU days were pretty forgetable though! :)

rubs said...

@ my PUdays were also quite unmemorable...besides...
thanx a million for the measureless contribution...but i wish u had given only the contextual meaning....